The Reckoning, the third book in the rock star romance series Hard to Resist, is coming April 28th, and today, I’m thrilled to share an exclusive interview with author S.L. Scott. Plus, you can enter to win a signed paperback ARC below!
Jack Dalton was charismatic.
Johnny Outlaw was irresistible.
Two sides of the same man, passionate about two things—music and Holliday Hughes. With her intoxicating mix of strength and vulnerability, confidence and sex appeal, he couldn’t get enough of her.
Together, love was a storm of chaos and calm. When fame became a force to be reckoned with, could their love hold them together or would their notoriety tear them apart?
“This isn’t how our melody goes. This isn’t how we were supposed to play out.”
Interview with S.L. Scott
What’s your favorite love story?
- Book: Pride & Prejudice I <3 Mr. Darcy
- Movie: The Notebook I <3 Noah…and Ryan Gosling. hehe
If I wasn’t afraid I would _________ (What?)
- Move my family to Paris or Hawaii. Lol Extremes, but I love them both.
Tell us about a unique or quirky habit of yours.
- I recycle letters when I’m typing. If I rewrite a word, I try to use the letters in the new phrasing. It’s terribly time-consuming, but it becomes a puzzle, a problem to be solved.
On Saturdays, I like to…
- Turn on either HGTV or E! and take naps. I also like to grill and enjoy the backyard on the weekends. My oldest is into skateboarding, and sometimes I take him to a skatepark and just sit and watch everyone. It’s very cool to see all the tricks.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- I’ve had too many, but a fairly recent one is in Vegas for a signing; the elevator doors opened up, and my heel snagged on the carpet, sending me tripping inside the elevator. I saved my cocktail, but my head almost went into a guy’s stomach. They were laughing, my friends were laughing, and I was laughing. It broke the ice needless to say. Well within a minute, we found out it was the entire group of Pentatonix. So they were taking our phones and taking selfies and taking pics with us. It was hilarious and very cool. All of that fun packed into ten flights down. Ha!
Reading Order and Links
About S.L. Scott
New York Times and USA Bestselling Author, S. L. Scott, was always interested in the arts. She grew up painting, writing poetry and short stories, and wiling her days away lost in a good book and the movies.
With a degree in Journalism, she continued her love of the written word by reading American authors like Salinger and Fitzgerald. She was intrigued by their flawed characters living in picture perfect worlds, but could still debate that the worlds those characters lived in were actually the flawed ones. This dynamic of leaving the reader invested in the words, inspired Scott to start writing with emotion while interjecting an underlying passion into her own stories.
Living in the capital of Texas with her family, Scott loves traveling and avocados, beaches, and cooking with her kids. She’s obsessed with epic romances and loves a good plot twist. She dreams of seeing one of her own books made into a movie one day as well as returning to Europe. Her favorite color is blue, but she likens it more toward the sky than the emotion. Her home is filled with the welcoming symbol of the pineapple and finds surfing a challenge though she likes to think she’s a pro.